Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Even Still

 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  -Jeremiah 31:3

   Because I have grown up in church and have been blessed with a wonderful christian family, a lot of the most basic aspects of God just seem to miss me. I've heard them so often that when people start to talk about them, my mind switches to auto pilot. So, recently I have been asking God to reveal to me the depth of His love, as this seems to be one of hardest concepts for me to grasp, and He has been so faithful. The other day, during my quiet time, I started daydreaming (surprise!), and even though that's a quiet time no-no, God used it to bring to me a greater understanding of His love for me. He brought to my mind a picture of the cross, and the suffering of Christ. And not just the physical suffering, but the reason that He was on the cross. To take the full measure of Gods wrath in our place. In my place! If I hadn't sinned, He wouldn't have had to go through what He did. And yet, when He rose from the dead, instead of hunting me down, grabbing me by the collar, and giving me a lecture on how I ought to appreciate the sacrifice He made and never sin again or else; He stretched out His arms toward me in love, extended His nail pierced palms- proof of what I deserved- and with a smile on His face said  "I love you even still".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...