Thursday, June 23, 2011

His Voice

  These last few days have been incredible for my walk with Christ. I have been getting up earlier to spend time with Him and stealing away more often during the day for some extra quiet time. Over the years, I have heard people talk about how important a daily walk with God is, but I never get it quite like I do during these times of closeness with Him. There are so many blessings that come with spending added time with Him, but I think the best one of all, is the way that your heart becomes more sensitive to His voice. I love it when I'm doing laundry, or reading a book, or on the computer, and all of a sudden I feel this tug on my heart, and this desire comes over me to steal away and spend time with my Prince. I mean, how incredible is it, that the creator of the universe would -with all that I'm sure He has to do- call me by name, to come away with Him? It just blows me away sometimes. And, I think that I'm finally realizing the 'secret' to hearing His voice. It's not just spending five or ten minutes daily in His word, but a full 24 hours, of moment-by-moment awareness of Him. Now, I'm not by any means as close to God as I would like to be, and maybe should be, but I'm enjoying this season of learning to hear His voice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...