Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yesterday, Today, and Forever

                                      Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
                                                                                          -Hebrews 13:8

  In my last post, I talked about how hollow our faith becomes when we rely on the words of others to be our guide. Since then I have found one of my old journal entries that I think goes along with that topic, and I wanted to share it with you.
                         Lord, I have just been reading a book called , "Has Christianity failed you " and I started thinking about how many books and t.v. programs are out there, that try to explain you. That train of thought , in turn made me wonder, what do You think of it? How does it look to You, watching all of us down here trying to find You, when Your there! Your there waiting for us if we would just stop running around and take a moment to look up. But we don't. We have our heads down, noses stuck in books, and eyes glued to television programs about you, instead of looking for you where you are. We over complicate you God, and yet also over simplify You. We try to explain You when You can't be explained. We try to find you when you haven't moved. We try to learn about you from sources other than your Word, when you haven't changed since you wrote it, and you never will...
   Again I hope you don't think that I am condemning books and t.v. programs that talk about God, because there are alot of great resources out there. I just want us to think about where our primary source of information should come from, and Whom we should rely on. Because Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...