Monday, May 7, 2012

Memorable Monday!

The first memorable thing that happened last week, was on Thursday, when Snoopy Lucas came to visit!
  He is a little boy, I got to baby-sit for several months last year, and we just love him. So when we got a chance to watch him Thursday, we jumped on it!
                         
       He got to come early for breakfast, and this is his chocolate gravy mustache. Hehe!                    


             He and Lacey decided to pretend that they were going to the beach, so they dragged all of their props out in the dining room. This was their set-up.


They also played a rousing game of 'Fight the Bad Guys' and Lauren managed to get this video of him telling me about it. (You might have to flip your head around a few times to get a good view of this!)


Then on Saturday, we got to baby-sit our youth pastors son, and after me and my dad  poured the concrete for some steps, we got to play on the trampoline in the sprinkler. I haven't had that much fun, in a long time! :)


This is all of us playing Ring Around the Rosie, Grant insisted! I'm the one in the purplish shirt, Lacey is next to me in the green (she got really brave of the water!) Katie, my best friend, has her back to the camera, Lauren is next to her, and Grant is the little boy in blue.


Lacey and Grant enjoying the water.

                                                                           
           After this, we (the older girls) all got cleaned up, and Daddy took us to the movies to watch "The Avengers".  I really wasn't sure if they could live up to the expectations everyone had for the movie, but I believe they managed to pull it off!
                                                      
     The real highlight of my week though, was last night, at the special service for graduates. Bro. Bobby, our youth minister, shared the fruit of the spirit he thought described each of our lives the best, then he presented each of us a brand new Bible, from our church family. My Daddy sang the song "Cinderella", and I tried not to get too misty. ;) Then a girl from our youth group got up and told a little story about each of us. It was a beautiful service, and I am so thankful that God has placed me in the church family, that He has. It truly is more like a family than anything! Hope you all have a wonderful week!

“God never witholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good. God's refusals are always merciful -- "severe mercies" at times but mercies all the same. God never denies us our hearts desire except to give us something better.” 
― Elisabeth Elliot


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...