Wednesday, May 23, 2012

In His Presence



Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?
-Psalm 139:7

   As I have been reading "Loving God with all Your Mind:, I have been learning to think on what is true (Phil.4:8), and to apply that to my life. I'm not very good at it yet, but today as I was memorizing and meditation on Psalm 139:7, I realized that this is a very important Truth, one that should impact every moment of my life. The Truth is this: God is with me every moment of every day. Yikes! That is a scary reality, as I think of all the things I have done, that I would never think to do if I knew that I was in the presence of the King of the universe. But how am I to act now that I know? Since I found this Truth in the Psalm's, I decided to look at a couple more that dealt with living in the presence of the Lord. After my quick search, I found three verses that  I think lay down some good guidelines. 
   The first one is: "... come before His presence with singing," Psalm 100:2b. Even though we are always in His presence, I think this is a good practice to have in the morning, as we consciously enter His presence at the start of our day. Isn't the first sound we often hear in the morning, the singing of the birds? 
   The next verse I found is: "...in Thy presence is fulness of joy..." Psalm 16:11. This one is one, that sometimes I just have to believe, even when I don't feel it. It is a Truth that is often hard to understand, but since the Bible says it, I just have to believe, that God will supply the joy that He says is found in Him.
   Finally, I found Psalm 31:20, which I think is one of my favorites: "You shall hide [those who fear You] in the secret place of Your presence...". I love it! He hides us and shelters us in His presence! What a wonderful Truth to have tucked away, ready to throw at the enemy. 
   I know that there are many more Truths to be found, but I don't have enough time or space to get them all down, so I will let you mine for the rest. I hope that this verse has challenged you as it has me, and that you will keep it in the back of your mind as you go throughout the day. 

"We ought to try to live so we would feel all right if we should find Christ walking with us someday."
-a character in Grace Livingston Hill's book, "Cloudy Jewel"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...