Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Lord laughs...

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.9 For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the LORD, They shall inherit the earth.10 For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more;Indeed, you will look carefully for his place, But it shall be no more.12 The wicked plots against the just, And gnashes at him with his teeth.13 The Lord laughs at him, For He sees that his day is coming.
                                        -Psalm 37:3,9-10,12-13


  Today being to tenth anniversary of 9-11, the war on terrorism is on my mind a little more than usual. So, when I read these verses, the 'evildoers' that came to mind were the terrorists. I don't know about you, but I have a really overactive imagination, so when I hear about how the terrorists are infiltrating us from the inside, or anything else along those lines, my mind instantly imagines the worst and I begin making a game plan for how we can stop them. And then I read, verse thirteen of Psalm 37: "The Lord laughs at him, for He sees that his day is coming". Can you just imagine God sitting in heaven laughing at the arrogance of this -to Him- tiny and insignificant nation, as He pictures the day that He will demolish them? Its almost like one would laugh at a child who is bragging about saving the day with his water gun! My God is greater, stronger, and mightier than anything, or anyone, and He says that the nations are "as a drop in a bucket, and are counted as the small dust on the scales;"! So who am I to be afraid?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...