Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Great Honor

 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”
                                     -Luke 11:13
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
                           -James 1:17

I have often struggled with the concept of Gods love. I mean, yes, I know that He loves me, but when people would start saying  (or I would read in the Bible) that God wants to give good gifts to His children I would balk, as I thought about all of the bad things that often befall His people. On Monday as I was pondering this, I had the distinct impression that I should ask God to make His view known to me, so I let a half formed prayer whisper through my mind, before I was needed to go do something else. As, the day went on I completely forgot about this (to my mind) insignificant prayer, until, that is, God answered it! I was listening to Bro. Darvie preach (he is the preacher for our missions revival), about Esther and how God used her to save her people, and then he said that God could have used the magnificent angels or a great blazing signs in the heavens, but He chose instead to use people to work out His plan. It was then that I remembered that little half- formed prayer, and it was then that I knew that everyday, through sunshine and storms, God was giving us the second greatest gift He could ever present (next to salvation): the extreme privilege of being allowed to have a hand in His great and awesome plan! And while I still haven't fully grasped this amazing concept, and will probably have days where I will still balk and wonder, I can always rest in the knowledge that God never does anything on accident, and that He promises to guide us each and every day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...