Sunday, May 22, 2011

Our Hope

                 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.
                                                                               -Jeremiah 17:7

The events surrounding the predicted rapture this weekend have been disturbing to say the least. But I think the thing that got to me most in all of this madness, was the reports of mothers killing their own children and then committing suicide. I couldn't fathom the kind of fear that would drive people to this extreme, but then I realized that its the fear of those who have no hope. Its the fear of those without the Lord. I am so blessed to live in a family that has grounded me in the Christ and has taught me of salvation so that I don't have to live in this fear. But what of the others? The ones who live with out hope, without truth? What chance do they have to live in peace, and to have the ability to laugh at the days to come? Absolutely none, unless we tell them the Truth. As I thought about this, I began to wonder what part Christians played in all this. Could we have prevented this senseless loss of lives? I believe that we could have. I believe that if more of us had been bolder in our stand, and told others of the Truth, not as many would have believed the lie. Maybe not all would  have accepted, but more might have had the chance. We have been given the most incredible gift in the world, the gift of life, the gift of hope, the gift of peace, and we do wrong to hide this gift! Matthew 5:15 says:"Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house." Oh, let us not hide our hope, but let us set it out for all the world to see!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...