Saturday, May 21, 2011

Further up and Further In

I have been thinking lately about beginning a blog, because for one I love to write, and for two, I want to have a place to share what God is doing in my life. I've held off because of various reasons, until today, when I went to a Christian writers conference where they shared the benefits of having a blog. This in conjunction with several other recent events has led me to believe that I needed to start this blog. I am naturally a very closed off person, I don't share my inner thoughts and feelings, with anyone easily, even close friends. But lately I've been feeling God calling me out of my comfort zone. Calling me to live in His strength and His will, without the protection and safety of my shell. I have been especially timid in my sharing of Him and His word, and what He means in my life, and I see this blog as a way to proclaim, with boldness to the world, that Christ is my everything. Song of Solomon 8:6 says: "Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame." (Can you tell this is where I got the name for my blog?) So, this is exactly what I plan to do, and I want you to join me. Join me on this journey of discovering God's will for my life, and pray that we may be an encouragement to each other, to be always going further up and further into God's perfect plan.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You write very well! Way to go, and keep it up!

Lindsey Elise said...

Thank you!

Linda said...

Very well written, I love this. May the Lord continue to bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...